Thursday, May 13, 2010

I found a few 'anti-mold' stickers and a few bags of 'silica' gel in my guitar case...?

i bought a new guitar case for my Schecter C1+... It's a schecter case and it had that stuff in it. The guy said the silica gel bags were used to absort/keep out moisture in the case, and the stickers kept it from getting mold?


Just wanted to double check and make sure that's what its for, and if it is... should I put 1 of each in my guitar case WITH my guitar in it also? I just want to make sure it wouldnt hurt anything, or if I should put them in the case at all?I found a few 'anti-mold' stickers and a few bags of 'silica' gel in my guitar case...?
They are fine. The silica just absorbs water from the air. They get saturated after a while, but you can ';recharge'; them with a quick turn in the microwave.





Not sure what the stickers are.I found a few 'anti-mold' stickers and a few bags of 'silica' gel in my guitar case...?
The stickers are a sticker inhibits mold growth and combined with the silica gel packs are for storage purposes for the case as it sat in the warehouse waiting to be sold. The cases are probably made in a country that has high humidity and needs to have something to combat moisture while being stored.


Just throw them away. They are of no use anymore.


They won't hurt anything if you leave them in, but you really shouldn't need them anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment