Sunday, January 24, 2010

The cloak room attendant has looked through my bag and stolen my phone and cash card do i have a case?

Hi Every 1. Last Friday 28march It was my 21st b-day, to cut a long story short I was in a club and got really drunk and had to leave without my bag. The next day i called the club to ask if my bag was still there as I still had my ticket and wanted to go and collect it. When I got there I noticed my coat wasn't in my bag any more and had been thrown somewhere else. I looked in my pockets to find my phone(which was actually a loan phone coz my phone is being repaired had gone and so had my bank card) I asked why my jacket had been taken out of my bag and they had nothing to say. Whilst I had been ringing my phone all night and it had been ringing. I'm guessing the cloakroom attendant has stolen my stuff. Yesterday I called my phone again and a lady answered it saying her husband is sleeping as he works in a club and this is his phone, she hung up and my phone is now switched off.Do u think I have a case as I left my property in there care thinking they would look after it. I also haveThe cloak room attendant has looked through my bag and stolen my phone and cash card do i have a case?
Yes of course you have a case. Tell the police about the phone call, and its obvious its a man who works in the club, so they will know where to find him, the scumbag.The cloak room attendant has looked through my bag and stolen my phone and cash card do i have a case?
yes if the nightclub provide a service which they charge you for they have a duty of care you have proof of purchase (the ticket) take them to small claims court if they do not provide you with compensation and your goods back. dont believe any signs sayin the are not responsible they arent true.





see a solicitor
File a police report, give a description and any other identifying information for the stuff that was taken. Cancel your bank card immediately.
the phone call warned the theif. The wife probably asked him why he had some womans phone in his pocket, he explained it, turned it of then either dumped it or sold it. Report it to the police, if they investigate, they may find it, but cell phones arent high on their list of crimes. Report the stolen card to your bank immediately. They will charge you a fee, but much less than you will lose. Report it to your phone carrier. They can turn off your sim card and issue you a new one, for a fee. Your number may change. Your best hope is to talk to the club manager or owner. They might be able to help, but not likely. at the very least, they should fire the untrustworthy employee.


You could set up a sting, repeat the incident, then call the missing phone as the employees are leaving the club after work. Catch them in the act.
what a shame to have your birthday spoiled like this, hope the rest of the day was better.


Have you stopped your number and your bank card?


Yes, you have case, but you will have a lot of hassle getting anywhere with it, so, unless the phone was expensive, it won,t be worth the bother, you will probably find the club has a disclaimer about goods left not being their responsibility.


You could try speaking to the manager of the club, may get a result, especially if you tell him you are going to the police.


You could also try talking to the local trading standards and/or the licensing authority.


If they have had previous complaints, they may wan,t to take action.
i think the first thing i would do is contact the club manager or even owner explainthe phone call you made to your phone, unfortunately it could be any one working at the club and not necessarily the cloakroom attendant, but it would put into the owners mind that he has a thief on his payroll and im sure he would want to find out who it is incase hes nicking his proffits too. as for the police they usually need evidence you could try go into the police station and ask for there advice seewhat they say but iwould contact the club first
Yes, report him right away... what a jerk, doesn't even have the sense to not answer your phone!!!
yes you have a case. The bloke shouldnt have gone through your bag and taken your property. tell the police please and get your bank card stopped.
How terrible, contact the police its your stuff, I hope you get it all back plus compensation.
1. Go to the police and report the theft of your property. 2. Notify your Bank immediately. However: Many years ago, I visited the gents (at a Central London club) took off my Rolex Black Oyster Chronometer in order to wash my hands, and (absentmindedly) left it (the watch!) behind. The next day I called the club, only to be informed that the Toilet Attendant was looking for me, since he had my watch. Went to see him, got my watch back, and, gave him a 拢100 tip.
unfortunately you need to check the back of the ';ticket'; because if it has the disclaimers like valet parking does.. you cannot sue them or hold them liable for missing or stolen goods.
Usually at nightclubs (in uk anyway) they have a kind of disclaimer notice saying that articles are left in the cloakroom at your own risk. I would speak to the club and the police anyway, but just dont leave anything valuable in cloakrooms in the future!
You have learned a lesson that is worth more than a thousand phones. As a young woman, do not go out and get yourself blind drunk. You are lucky that you only lost a phone. What is the point of getting drunk and not being able to remember if or not you had a good time. I am assuming that you have sobered up enough to call your bank and cancel the card. Think about it
Most likely they have a disclaimer that says they are not liable for damaged or stolen property. It might also have some sort of time limit to claim your items before they stop watching them. You paid them to watch them for the night while you were there...not take care of them after you left. I would take the loss and call it a lesson learned. Cancel your card. Next time you are at a club designate someone to get the coats and bags. Its unfortunate, but I doubt the police would have the time to go hunting around for some doorman who took your phone...considering you did abandon it when you were drunk. Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic...It really sucks what happened to you. But I just don't think the police would care.

No comments:

Post a Comment