Friday, January 22, 2010

Do They Make Heat-Protection Surfboard Cases/Travel Bags?

I live in San Diego, and have lived on the water for years. Next month I have to move about 10 minutes inland due to finances, which makes me sad. I work right by the water, so I'm wondering if there is such thing as a HEAT PROTECTANT surfboard case/travel bag that I can keep my board in, so that I can leave it in my car, and use it before/after work without it getting totally sun-damaged/heat-damaged?





I don't know if such thing exists, but thought I'd ask. :)





Thanks!Do They Make Heat-Protection Surfboard Cases/Travel Bags?
Almost all of your standard travel bags are 'aluminized' and help protect you board from UV radiation. However, like surfboard man said, it will cook inside your car on a hot day. However, you could leave it on top of your car in a standard board bag. Now, San Diego isn't significantly different from where I surf, and I know an unattended board will be stolen for sure. But, they do make some decent locking rack systems. The whole effort might be a little pricey, but it is surely doable. Now, since I live two hours from the ocean, I don't feel too sorry for anyone who feels bad about living ten minutes away from the ocean. I guess the way to solve the problem for free, is to get up an hour or two earlier, drive to the beach, surf, drive home, change and drop off your stick, and THEN go to work. I suppose it all depends on how much you really want to surf.Do They Make Heat-Protection Surfboard Cases/Travel Bags?
They make reflective cases for leaving a board on the beach, but your board will get wrecked if you leave it in your car. Maybe you could bring your board in a bag, into your office or something.





The Surfboard Man


http://www.thesurfboardman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment