Friday, January 22, 2010

My pillow came in today... and it came with a case/bag?

I ordered a king sized down luxury pillow from a .. ';high quality'; store.. this thing came in a case-bag thing and there is a pocket in the front.





I don't know if I'm just finding this strange because I'm a former hick and I'm used to four dollar normal pillows that bunch up and hurt my neck, that come in torn plastic bags, but is this normal? I have never seen this in my life.





What am I supposed to do with the case? What is it for? It has a handle..My pillow came in today... and it came with a case/bag?
This is normal.





The bag is to protect the pillow in the store and in transit, and to prevent dust mites from entering the pillow while in storage. It also is supposed to signal that the pillow is ';high-quality.'; The handle is simply meant to carry it out of the store with.





From the store's point of view: If an employee or a customer were to spill something on a $4 pillow, the store would simply damage it out and take the small loss. When you're talking about $50 pillows, though, it makes much more sense for the company to spend the extra couple of dollars on protective packaging, rather than damaging out $50 pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment